Saturday, March 10, 2007

80's tuesday



Peter and I go to Whole Foods every tuesday night to buy our food for the week. It's empty and they play weird 80's music every tuesday. We love it. This tuesday however I was so uninspired. I had no idea's as to what to eat for dinner that night let alone the rest of the week so I just started buying random items. When I got home those random items turned into my new favorite salad! Green leaf lettuce (which i never buy) chopped up, fennel sliced, cucumber sliced and an orange peeled and diced. For the dressing I squeezed the middle of the orange over each of our plates as well as whatever pieces of orange that was still on the peel from when i cut the peel off, extra virgin olive and salt from my new salt grinder that leaves nice chunks of salt all around. It's such a pretty and delicious salad. I would eat it a few times a week if i could.



Chimichanga's!! Oh how i love them..Crispy on the outside soft and chewy of the inside, filled with cumin-licious beans and of course topped of with guacamole.



We are crazy for salads. Mesclun greens, sliced radishes, raw sliced beets, red bell pepper and avocado. Simply topped with lemon, extra virgin olive oil and salt.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you make your chimichangas? They look delicious!

JENNA said...

hello anonymous...for the chimichangas, i start by pretending i'm making my rice and beans but without the rice..once the beans are done i wrap em up in white flour tortilla's and fry them seam side down and then turn them every few minutes.

if you were looking for a specific recipe i would love to give it to you but my bean recipe is one recipe that i don't have measurements for. it tastes different almost everytime i make it..and everytime i make it i say to myself "this is the night i should have measured everything i did!!" and them i make a face..all i can say is use lots of cumin!

i hope this helps.

JENNA

Candi said...

Hi Jenna! I love your simple salad dressing ideas with lemon juice and even orange juice too!! I will be trying that.

Your salads look great as do they chimichangas!!! :P

aTxVegn said...

Your salads look so good! The chimis too. I'm looking forward to light, springtime eating again.

Mikaela said...

Pretty, pretty salads! :)

bazu said...

80's night sounds hilarious. I also love shopping when grocery stores are not so crowded. Both your salads look like heaven to me. "We are crazy for salads." I love that - so are we!

Anonymous said...

i also love shopping grocery stores when they aren't crowded, up and down every aisle, just looking at stuff. i love doing that at the farmer's market...
bethie