Thursday, March 29, 2007

Honda vs. Cadillac...Honda wins!



What a week! Friday, last, Peter and I left for a nice weekend in Washington D.C. to visit his aunt. We are driving and driving and driving. In Maryland about 30 minutes away from our destination we are stuck in very slow going traffic. I decide to relax a bit in the car and am just staring out the window thinking about how this is the perfect weather/traffic condition for a car accident. 30 seconds later I'm screaming "ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME" as we are being slammed from behind by a cadillac and being pushed into a mini van!!!! Being pregnant you really don't want this to happen. An ambulance comes because I obviosly need to be checked out. The EMT basically tells me that they are too busy to take me to the hospital. I ask "What does that mean?" She says "the hospital is too busy. so if we take you or if you go alone you are just going to sit in the waiting room for a really long time." So I decide to go on our own because with the ambulance we would get there just as fast anyway. I waited over 5 hours in the waiting room just to go into the emergency room and have them tell me that they can't do anything that i'll have to go upstairs to maternal. We get up to maternal. They were so happy to see me because they had NOTHING TO DO! I could have been in and out of the hospital in 3 hours if they just took me up there to begin with! So after a few more hours in maternal we finally get to D.C. at 4:30 am. Needless to say i've been a hot mess since then. That all changed yesterday (wednesday) when I got my ultrasound and all was good with the baby. No damage from the accident! Horray!!! After the appointment I breathed a big sigh of relief and went to Zen Palette in Union Square and had myself a big ass lunch of fried dumplings and sesame medallions!

By the way. IT'S A GIRL!!! Peter thinks she looks like Charlie Brown.

p.s. our honda civic (the white wolf) destroyed the 2 ton cadillac! that thing had to be towed to a junk yard after hitting us also the guy had no car insurance, that should be fun getting him to pay. oh well.

11 comments:

bazu said...

SO sorry about the accident! How harrowing, and then the ordeal with the hospital. {{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} And so glad everything is ok with your little girl! Squee- so cute. I have never been as happy as I am now to be the owner of a Civic.

aTxVegn said...

Oh, wow, how totally scary for you! I'm glad everything turned out okay and now you know you have a baby girl on the way!

Take care of yourself!

MeloMeals said...

I am so glad that everyone is OK... that must have been terrifying.

It is pretty disgusting the way you were treated by the EMT's and the hospital.

Anonymous said...

glad you're all OK!!!

i'm not in my new place yet. sunday...so looking forward to it. this place here is the worst living situation ever.

Just call me Orangie said...

Good thing you were all ok! Have you started thinking of names for the baby?

JENNA said...

bazu..it was the first time i ever liked our white honda civic.

atxvegn..thanks..well taken care of here!

melody..i was in more shock at how i was treated by the emt then i was for the accident.

wiebke..hope the move goes ok! i want to see a pic of your new kitchen.

orangie..we have names we like..no one will know the name until it's on the birth certificate though..you'll have to wait til august!

Dori said...

Glad to hear you checked out okay despite the LONG wait.... hospital waiting rooms are no fun. Congrats on the girl.... charlie brown?! I'm sure she'll gorw out of it. :)

Tracy said...

Awwww....the accident part sucks, but it must have been cool to see the baby.I didn't get to do that when I had mine, and I' stark raving jealous! Take care.

Neva said...

Maryland has an uninsured motorist fund that reimburses accident victims when they're hit by uninsured drivers. You have a police report, right?

Nikk said...

yay! a girl! how exciting! :)

sorry to hear about the accident, but at least everyone's okay and you know how safe your car is!

Candi said...

Oh, I'm so glad you are ok!!!! What a fiasco though. They sure put you under some stress waiting and waiting to make sure everything was ok. :( Your news is good, in the end, and I'm happy for you!! Ooh, a little girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay for the white wolf!!!!