Saturday, October 04, 2008

VeganMoFO: Field Roast



Italian Field Roast w. Broccoli and a Multi Grain Roll


My parents have been around the last few days to visit and come to an environmental Octoberfest with us today. It was pretty cool. You can never be too sure what these things are going to be like. There were bird hikes, canoe rides, lots of information on wildlife, recycling and the like. Afterwards we stopped at Whole Foods to pick up stuff for dinner. While the others would be dining on some roasted herb chickens I picked up for myself some Field Roast Sausages. I absolutely love everything I've had from this company. It's sorta expensive so I don't buy them too often.

The Italian ones are great to add to pasta sauces or to join in on family dinners of sausage and peppers.

Mexican Chipotle are my favorite of all the products. I love making dirty rice with them or adding them to chili's.

And..who can forget the Celebration Loaves! I love bringing this loaf to my parents for the holidays. My mom is usually cooking away all day so I need something that I don't have to fuss with much at all and still have a special meal for myself without getting too much in the way.

10 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Glad you're having fun with your folks while they're visiting!

Before I discovered my gluten allergy, I used to like the Field Roast products (especially since they are soy-free).

VeganView said...

I am having a vegan pre-thanksgiving at my house this month...field roast is something I might have to get my hand on now!

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

That looks delicious, and I've heard great things about the Celebration Roast; however, not surprisingly, it is not sold anywhere near me. Someday, maybe...

River (Wing-It Vegan) said...

I've never had a Celebration Loaf or the Italian Field Roast, but it sure looks delicious in that picture!

tofufreak said...

oh yum! i have yet to try the field roast sausages and i think that to say that i am definitely missing out is an understatement!!!

x said...

That looks good, esp. the cute little bread roll!

jessy said...

i still have yet to try the field roasts, i just haven't gotten around to it - but i hear the italian ones = mmmmmmmmmm! glad you all had mucho fun @ the environmental Octoberfest, too! yay!

donesmoking said...

i've tried their sausages...soooo good!

bazu said...

I've still never had a chance to try these- they sound delicious!

Sheree' said...

Field Roast products Rock! I can't wait for Bryanna's cookbook that she has been working on with Field roast to come out!