Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Stupid Olympics and business trips and mini vacations and....



Sauteed Seitan and Portobello Wrap w. Chipotle Mayo


So I've been M.I.A. for a bit. Peters went away for business so I went to my parents with Reno for a few days so I wasn't spending my b-day alone (yikes! I'm 32!!) By the time we returned the Olympics started and that has been taking up most of my pm time especially since it's Swimming time and as a ex-competitive swimmer I can't get enough of watching other people swim. I just want to dive into the pool with them.

I've still been cooking though. Most of it just easy favorites but some of it new like the wrap above. I can't tell you how good the seitan was with sauteed portobello's and onions and lots of garlic. Holy Goodness! I wish I was eating it right this very second. I'm in fact eating a Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie!!! More on that in a later post after I serve it to people.



Biscuits and Gravy


I'm not southern at all. I have no southern roots, nothing. But I love me some biscuits and gravy. I love them so. Both recipes are from the book Yellow Rose Recipes the biscuits are on page 17 Buttermilk Biscuits and the gravy is on page 83 Almond Milk Gravy. I didn't have any almond milk so I just used soy instead. I usually don't use store bought meaty things but purchased some Gimme Lean Sausage for the gravy. It's not bad stuff. I don't think I could eat it plain without a sauce but it's nice to know it's available if I need it in a pinch.

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

You've been quite busy!! But at least you've been busy COOKING :0) Good ol' Southern comfort!!

Unknown said...

So, it's all over my facebook page, but I made vegan Root Beer Float cupcakes today...

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

ooh, those biscuits look SO comforting... I really want one right now!

Anonymous said...

Happy b-day!

That wrap looks delicious. I always forget about chipotles. I bet they're really incredible in a mayo.

aTxVegn said...

Happy Birthday! I love the swimming too - go Dana & Michael!

Lisa (Show Me Vegan) said...

That wrap sounds SO good!

Stephen Mejias said...

Happy birthday, Jenna! See you soon.