Thursday, August 28, 2008

VwaV week continued..



This is what my copy of Vegan with a Vengeance looks like. The cover was falling off for quite sometime then Reno got a hold of it and helped remove the top cover completely. Such a sweet child. I actually found her EATING a book this morning. To continue with VwaV week...



Raspberry Chocolate Chip Blondies


Out of the oven. These were good! At first I thought the blondie part was just O.K. but after letting it sit for a bit and trying it again later in the day I fell in love. What a great recipe. It's also super easy to make. I had them in the oven before 9am on a day Reno decided to sleep in a bit. I love baking first thing in the morning it reminds me of my vegan pastry chef days where I would get up at 5 am to catch a train to NYC and bake cakes, brownies, cupcakes, bars, etc..etc..all day for the restaurants I worked at. I hope I get to do all that again one day for my own bakery or restaurant.




Raspberry Chocolate Chip Blondie


This one was waiting to dive down into my belly and dive it did.



Fresh Corn Fritters

I'm sure you are thinking that I must have gone crazy again like the whole Pesto Picture/Black Bean Post from a few ago. I haven't. My next recipe to try was the Fresh Corn Fritters from the book. I've always wanted to make them and now I had the chance. Except that the fritters didn't want to fritter. It was a glop of batter that didn't want to set or be flipped so it just turned into a sorta scramble. While making it I was curious as to why the recipe didn't have any flour in it. I thought of adding some myself but didn't. Later on in the evening I looked at the recipe again to figure out what I did wrong and saw that flour was indeed suppose to be in the mix. I just completely missed it. That doesn't happen often but it did.

Even with that mishap the taste of the "fritter" was amazing. I probably ate 1/2 of it while waiting for the other part of dinner to finish cooking which was veggies, rice and beans topped in salsa with the fresh corn fritter. Very delicious. I had sister Nicole and friend Rachele over and they both agreed that it was really good.

Make both of these VwaV recipes right away if you've never before.

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

You reminded me just how much I looooove VwaV.

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the last person on earth not to make those blondies. They look delicious! I have no excuse now. Must make them ASAP!

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

I've not made either of those recipes, but I believe I must! Thank you for the reminder. :)

VeganCowGirl said...

Jenna, I know there are other recipes in your post, but my brain can not process anything but that dessert. You have just convinced me to go and pick this book up from Waterstones in downtown brussels....They have ACTUALLY made a vegan section in a Brussels bookstore!!

Great photos. How cute is Reno to be helping with the redesigning of your books.

Lori- the Pleasantly Plump Vegan said...

oh HELL YA with those blondies!

Catherine Weber said...

Those blondies look AMAZING. I will have to try making them myself sometime soon!

Nicole said...

I've definitely got to pick up VwaV again! You've convinced me.

The blondies look fabulous.

Anonymous said...

We'll have to try those recipes soon - your photos have convinced me! When we bought VwaV it was back when we were still fairly new to veganism and I was a little intimidated by the fancy recipes. Now that's exactly what we need! I've had great success with VwaV Pumpkin Oatmeal cookies! Everyone loves them!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I found your blog! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous, especially the blondies. Gah!