Tuesday, July 29, 2008

so nice to be home...



BBQ Seitan Medallion w. Roasted Beets

Everytime I serve beets I tell Peter or whomever I am feeding them too to remember that they ate beets the next day when they go to the bathroom. But guess what? I never remember and I alway's fear that I'm dying or that my crazy kidney infection has returned. So dumb.

So remember that you ate beets!!

I made seitan cutlets the other day. Normal size ones not just the one giant one. The giant one is good for slicing and dicing. The normal size ones make for a much nicer presentation. What is above couldn't be simplier. It is my new go to food for lunch when I have extra cutlets soaking in the fridge.

Dip the moist seitan into panko (not much will stick but that is ok).
Pan sear on both sides for a minute or two.
Pour some BBQ sauce on top of the seitan and place in the oven 400 degrees for about 10 minutes. (i just put the pan I've seared them in in the oven.)
Eat.

So satisfying.



Crab Reno (almost 11 months!!!!)



While sitting on the beach last week I noticed a crab crabbing along on the beach that looked a lot like my daughter. It turned out to be my daughter. She loved the beach and the ocean water. More of that to come in another post.

7 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Welcome back!! Oh my goodness, I cannot believe how much Reno has grown already!! Fabulous!!

aTxVegn said...

Reno is such a sweetie!

Theresa said...

That looks really good, and Reno looks right at home on the beach. I used to do the same thing when I ate beets, but we've been eating them so often lately that I've gotten used to it!

bazu said...

Good to have you back! I love beets, and every once in a while I eat them with the skins on... let's just say the about-to-die-of-some-horrific-disease pee the next day is scary/awesome!

jessy said...

Reno is too cute - what an adorable beachy wee one! :D i love her outfit, too! :)

your cutlets look rock'n - and beets are some of my fav!!! mmmmmmmmm! the pink always freaks me out just a bit, too! ahahahahaa!

Isil Simsek said...

the food looks good,I love beets.
Reno is so big now.Cutie!

VeganLinda said...

We just returned from the beach too...love the beach babies! Reno looks so cute!