Monday, August 18, 2008

Farmers Market Haul



The Haul


I am in love with our local Farmers Market. Every Saturday (most of them) we are trying to get to the Walnut Street Farmers Market in Montclair. I'm always blown away by the selection of delicious and local fruits and veggies. They even have an organic stand that has some of the most delicious broccoli and kale I've ever tasted. Last week I grabbed a few big handfuls of string beans and 2 of the largest jalapenos I've ever seen and was shocked when the woman told me it was $1.25. It really can't get better than that! Especially since I LOVE string beans!!

Our latest haul:

carrots
kale
broccoli
jalapenos
red pepper
zucchini (they were the best I've ever eaten)
string beans
peaches
sugar plums

9 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

A VeggieGirl delight :0)

Jes said...

Mmmmm farmers markets are the best! I can't wait to go to mine tomorrow!

jenny said...

beautiful!!!

aTxVegn said...

I try to get to my market every Saturday morning too, and it's been sooo crowded lately. Those green beans look fantastic!

Kelly said...

Just stumbled upon your blog. Your Buffalo Tofu Salad w. Candied Pecans and Ranch Dressing looks amazing. Where did you go to culinary school?

JENNA said...

Hi Kelly.

Its so funny you mention that salad because that is what I'm aiming for making for dinner tonight!

I went to the Natural Gourmet in NYC.

jessy said...

i'm also in love with your farmer's market! i wish mine offered yummy organics. that broccoli looks PERFECT! :D hooooooray for string beans, too. they're some of my favorites as well!

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I hope your peaches are better than mine. I have been very patient waiting for them to ripen, but it is still like biting into a turnip!

Sylvia said...

I am so jealous. I live in Houston and the last "green" farmers market I went to, I got peaches with stickers that said, "made in Mexico" on them... That's not very local... I was super disappointed, our stuff is NOT local and very expensive!
-Sylvia
Padrons