Sunday, September 24, 2006



Today's motherload from whole foods. Some ideas for this week: homemade hummus salad thing, roasted root veg + homemade seitan wrapped in filo, beans and rice, veg koftas with coconut curry, blueberry corn muffins. Either all of this will happen or none of it will and who knows what Peter and I will be eating. I got very excited when I saw the new section of all the root veg. I could have screamed with joy. Fall is my favorite time of year weather wise and food wise. Tonight for dinner I chopped up a bunch good stuff: Acorn Squash, Carrots, Sweet Potatoes, Beets, Brussel Sprouts (sorry peter)+ Garlic (left whole) mixed it up with olive oil and fresh rosemary and roasted at 400 degrees. While it was all roasting i made a balsamic + rosemary dressing simply by mixing chopped rosemary to olive oil and balsamic. When all the veg was finished i just glazed it all with the dressing. It was such comfort food for me and always reminds me of Thanksgiving. My mom made this a few years ago as a side dish which I ended up eating as a main dish. This year I plan on using this dish in a different way for the holidays so that I'll have something other then a side dish to eat.

1 comment:

Pete Prochilo said...

You can dress up a brussell sprout however, but it is still a brussell sprout.

-- Rertrand Brussell