Saturday, September 23, 2006

Since Peter had to work last night I decided to make this pasta dish. This is the easiest dinner I think I cook for us. It's also one of our favorites. I always try to have pitted kalamata olives and marinated sun-dried tomatoes in our fridge for night's i don't feel like really cooking. I can have this dinner ready in 15 minutes (if i put a cover on the pot of water which sometimes I'm too lazy to do).

4-5 cloves of garlic, chopped or sliced
about 1/2 a cup of marinated sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
about 1/2 a cup of pitted kalamata olives, sliced in 1/2 or left whole(depends on how I'm feeling)

saute all in a bit of extra virgin olive oil.
until garlic is cooked.
add a splash of balsamic vinegar.

add 1/2 a pound of cooked pasta and pour more extra virgin olive oil on top to make it nice and oily and mix it up with some salt and pepper.

other variations of this dish included adding some pinenuts to the pan with the olive mixture and occasionally I'll add a tablespoon or two of capers. Anyway you make this dish it always comes out really tasty. One time by mistake I ever so slightly burnt the olive mixture with the addition of pinenuts and capers. Peter and I agree that was the best version of it ever. You decide if you want to burn it or not.

No comments: