Friday, September 26, 2008

Seitan for everyone!



Crispy Seitan Wraps w. Chipotle Mayo, Mesclun and Sprouts


Besides cutting sugar out of my diet for 30 days I'm also trying to eat 3 meals a day. My days usually just consist of snacking and that just isn't healthy for me. I now try to sit down with Reno during her lunch with a lunch of my own which is actually a lot of fun and I feel better for the rest of the day until dinner.

Above is my new favorite lunch. A whole wheat wrap smeared with chipotle mayo, mesclun, sprouts and some crisped up seitan strips. It's light, satisfying and damn tasty. I've been eating them so much that I made a version of the wrap on a ciabatta roll instead and snuck it in my bag for a free Mets game this past Tuesday. While Peter was muching away on his sausage and peppers I was eating delicious vegan food at a baseball game, you don't hear of that happening too often even though I had to bring it in myself.




Sauteed Seitan w. String beans

Ms. Re LOVES seitan!! Thank goodness. If she didn't I would seriously think that my real baby was switch in the hospital. She likes it lightly sauteed with some cut up string beans.



Reno


She likes to eat the seitan first. Then the string beans of which she hides some of them for later in the side of her chair.

9 comments:

evestirs said...

that wrap looks so so good.
just curious, if you make your own seitan, which way do you make it (boil, steam,bake)?

Amey said...

cute baby picture!

my boyfriend recently told me that he's "not that crazy" about seitan. Crud! I could eat it all the time. mmm. Your dishes look delicious!

VeggieGirl said...

Precious Reno!! :0)


On ANTM, I like the vegan contestant, haha ;0)

Destiny's Vegan Kitchen said...

So cute!

B36Kitchen said...

evestirs....I now almost exclusively make my seitan into cutlets and bake them in the oven covered with broth. So they are baked and boiled at once...I guess?

amey..If Peter told me he's "not that crazy" about seitan that would be grounds for divorce!

veggiegirl...I'm warming up to the vegan contestant more and more each week. I think I really like her makeover.

destiny...thanks! I think she's cute too.

Tami (Vegan Appetite) said...

Wow, that seitan in the wrap looks incredible!

Seitan + chipotle = instant love

allularpunk said...

that's so cool that your baby loves seitan! doesn't everyone? mm. your wrap looks so frigging good.

Cherie said...

Such great photos!! Your seitan looks delicious and Reno is adorable.

ed said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品

視訊聊天室

情色,AV女優,UT聊天室,聊天室,A片,視訊聊天室


UT聊天室,視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊辣妹,情色視訊,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊交友90739,美女視訊,視訊美女,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,視訊交友,情人視訊網,成人視訊,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,
聊天室,聊天,色情聊天室,色情,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,柔情聊天網,小高聊天室,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,中部人聊天室,成人聊天室,成人