Monday, December 04, 2006

Crimson Velveteen Cupcakes



I finally made cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World. I alway's loved chocolate Red Velvet cake so I had to make these first. They were delicious. I was however dissapointed that they didn't come out as burgundy as I was expecting them to. I'll add more coloring next time. I topped it off with the Fluffy Buttercream Frosting. I was never a fan of buttercream. My wedding cake was a bunch of chocolate cupcakes covered with hot pink buttercream. I scraped that shit off of my cupcake. I loved this buttercream though. I was eating it out of the piping bag. I should have just made my own wedding cupcakes.

5 comments:

funwithyourfood said...

wow you're wedding cake sounds amazingly cute :)

Teddy

PS I'll be making myself cupcakes outta this book too

bazu said...

Sadly, even though I was mostly vegan at the time, my wedding cake was not (but it wasn't some ridiculous 6 tier cake, either!). I now think that a cupcake tower would have been so cool and delicious and, well, vegan.
This brings back memories for me. After our wedding (which was tiny, only about 10 guests) we went to Pastis, where I ate ratatouille and veggies, while half the people there ate steak frites. =( Fortunately, I drank enough to block out most of the steak memories!

Ok, back to your cupcakes! Please do tell if you succeed in making them more red- I think that would be so pretty.

Anonymous said...

I think cupcakes are such a great wedding cake idea. Everyone gets their own little piece of perfection. These cupcakes look great and I'm glad to hear you didn't have to scrape the frosting off this time!

Candi said...

I'd love to see cupcakes for a wedding cake! That's a great idea.

Yours look good! I have not tried the red velvet ones, but I did try the frosting. MMM I ate lots of it plain and got a stomach ache. LOL! I have to cut back on drinking it out of the piping contraption. It was good though!! I want to put a cherry on the top of yours in that photo! Look how the frosting is piped on...it'd fit perfectly! :) I want a cupcake now. :P

Anonymous said...

What you could do is wait for an important anniversary and re-marry your hubby just to make your own cupcakes LOL

I froze two of the ones I have made and they defrosted really well. So you can start planning now !! :))))) ;-)