Tuesday, May 20, 2008

oops!



Pizza Swirl

So I made a big oops! this weekend. I had a pizza party and didn't take any pictures. It also wasn't just any ol' pizza party. It was a Street Fighter II Pizza Party a la my husband's wish. We had a lot of friends over, ate a lot of homemade pizza and had a Street Fighter II competition which I lost miserably and my husband won. It was surprisingly a good party. It was actually the first party we have ever thrown in either of our apartments!

Anyway I had a leftover pizza dough and some topping left in the fridge and used it up with the help of cashew ricotta to make a completely new dish for dinner last night.



I rolled out the leftover dough into a rectangle and spread a layer of a really thick and creamy cashew ricotta on it. Then topped it with a leftover mix of sauteed onions, orange, yellow and red bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli and herbs de provence. Carefully rolled it up into a log (like if you were making cinnamon rolls). Then rolled the log into a ball. Which kinda reminded me of a sleeping kitty.



Inside shot close up


At first I wasn't sure how to cut the thing after it was done. We then decided that cutting it into wedges was the best and obvious way to go. Let me just say that this was great! You have the crusty outer layer of pizza dough and then creamy layers of ricotta, veggies and dough inside. I served it with a Red Wine Tomato Sauce.

8 comments:

Erin said...

A huge pizza snail! It looks delicious and fun. I think we can imagine what your party pizzas looked like judging by this one.

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

You had a pizza party, and didn't take photographs?? Tsk, tsk!! Haha, I'll forgive you this time ;0) LOVE the photographs that you WERE able to provide of the pizza dough and such - yum!

aTxVegn said...

Pizza rolls/swirls were a great idea! You'll just have to have another party and remember to take pictures.

MeloMeals said...

Looks delicious!

jessy said...

that looks freak'n AWESOME! hooray for using up extra ingredients! i love it!

Unknown said...

Giant pizza roll? So cool and yummy looking! Street Fighter pizza party? Amazing!

Sam said...

How creative! I may just have to try that the next time I'm in the mood for pizza!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a really fun party. My husband would just roll over dead if I threw him a Street Fighter II pizza party! Good idea Jenna.