Wednesday, April 02, 2008

We've moved!

We are in our new apartment! After 3 day's of moving (friday, saturday and sunday!) Thank goodness for great friends and family who helped with the whole thing. I'll post a few pics when we are unpacked and semi set up, which might take a week or so since Peter is leaving for an 8 day business trip this saturday. boohoo.



Bruschetta

One of our past Wednesday Potlucks was appetizer themed. My favorite thing when going to certain Italian restaurants is when they give each person a piece of bruschetta when you sit down. It's such a great way to start a meal except when places put cheese on it. Cheese has no business being on such a thing!

I can't wait until tomato season is in full swing here in Jersey so I can make a batch of this, keep it in the fridge and eat it for days on end as it sits, marinates and gets tastier with each passing day.



Balsamic Portobello Sandwiches with Basil Mayo + Tomatoes

If I could eat one sandwich for the rest of my life this might be it! It is a very easy to veganize recipe from bon appetite magazine that my mom made while we were visiting for Easter. The ciabatta rolls are buttered w. Earth Balance and toasted. The mayo is Veganaise, roasted garlic, fresh basil and a splash of balsamic. The mushrooms are cooked in Earth Balance and balsamic vinegar and topped with fresh tomato. I could taste it now as I think about it..mmmmmm...the warm toasted buttery bread melting the mayo into the crevices of tomato and mushrooms..mmmmmmmmmmmm.............



Monkeys holding heaven together.



Raspberry Blackout Cake from VwaV


We celebrated my sisters birthday the saturday before Easter. You cannot buy vegan desserts in south jersey where my parents live. My sister isn't vegan but was finishing up her 3 month vegan challenge so I made this cake for her which is now a family favorite.



Sliced to eat. Topped with blackberries..no raspberries to be found.



Reno


Re in her Easter dress..she actually managed to keep it on all day without messing it up..it was a miracle!

13 comments:

springsandwells said...

I'm impressed... blogging so soon after a move. That takes real dedication.

The cake looks fantastic. I'm so lazy, I always just make a chocolate wacky cake that's super fast and easy. But one of these days I'll try that Blackout Cake.

:)

Peace by Pastries said...

congrats! moving is prooooobably the single thing i hate most in the world, aside from unethical treatment of living beings of course...so i am glad to see it went well for you! and that cake looks absolutely orgasmic!!choc.o.late. yum.

VeganLinda said...

Reno looks adorable!! Oh yeah, the food looks good too. :-)

aTxVegn said...

Congratulations on your new place! Your cake and especially Reno are beautiful.

Mihl said...

Congratulations!

Bruschetta is really a nice appetizer. I meand, who can resist fresh, crusty bread, garlic, olive oil, and tomatoes?

The rasoberry blackout cake is one of my favourites, too.

Mihl said...

raspberry :)

Liz² said...

I love the monkeys! And the sandwich sounds soooo perfect... mmm melty mayo. :D

Don't Get Mad Get Vegan! said...

gimme that sammich! yum!

i didn't realize you were in Jersey. I'm from Bayonne by way of Toms River.

Reno is adorable...but you knew that already ;)

b36Kitchen said...

dgmgv...i'm in bloomfield by way of NY, Montclair, Clifton, Kearny, Clifton. I've moved a lot! My grandfather lived in Beachwood which is next to Toms River.

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

bazu said...

Aw, Reno is looking cuter every day!!

Congratulations on your move- it must be such a relief to have it out of the way. Oh and now you have me craving bruschetta and chocolate/raspberry cake simultaneously!

ed said...

A片,A片,成人網站,成人影片,色情,情色網,情色,AV,AV女優,成人影城,成人,色情A片,日本AV,免費成人影片,成人影片,SEX,免費A片,A片下載,免費A片下載,做愛,情色A片,色情影片,H漫,A漫,18成人

a片,色情影片,情色電影,a片,色情,情色網,情色,av,av女優,成人影城,成人,色情a片,日本av,免費成人影片,成人影片,情色a片,sex,免費a片,a片下載,免費a片下載,成人網站,做愛,自拍

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣用品

視訊聊天室

情色,AV女優,UT聊天室,聊天室,A片,視訊聊天室


UT聊天室,視訊聊天室,辣妹視訊,視訊辣妹,情色視訊,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊交友90739,美女視訊,視訊美女,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友網,視訊交友,情人視訊網,成人視訊,哈啦聊天室,UT聊天室,豆豆聊天室,
聊天室,聊天,色情聊天室,色情,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,柔情聊天網,小高聊天室,上班族聊天室,080中部人聊天室,中部人聊天室,成人聊天室,成人

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色