Sunday, January 25, 2009


Veggie and Tofu Dumplings

I LOVE to make my own dumplings. Problem is they are time consuming and when I'm home alone with Reno during dinner time I don't have time for time consuming meals. Peter went out the other night. Reno went to bed. I was watching House thinking about just eating some Rocky Road ice cream for dinner. I really wanted Chinese food. I remembered that I always keep bags of frozen dumplings in my freezer for such an occasion. The dumplings turned into a delicious appetizer for my ice cream main course.

Really though. Frozen dumplings are a perfect item to keep stocked in your freezer. They are great for: a quick lunch
an appetizer to an asian inspired meal or an ice cream main
a pot luck you are late for and haven't prepared anything for yet

Go buy yourselves a few bags. Or make your own and freeze em.

In other news.

The new site is still coming. My husband will be helping with a custom design for it. In the mean time I'll still be posting here as usual.


VeggieGirl said...


veggievixen said...

so tasty!!!

seitanismymotor said...

These look beautiful!

tofufreak said...

so very appropriate for chinese new year :)

Hannah said...

Yes, dumplings rock! And so versatile, what with all the different filling options too.

¡Yo Soy Liz! said...

dumplings are the best thing evvvar. i am always a big fan of the good-veggies-wrapped-in-carbs formula :)