Saturday, November 18, 2006

Most hated and most loved all for Peter.


Can you guess which one is mine and which one is Peter's? I made Peter's most hated brussel sprouts. So all he got was some delicious roasted beets (i got some too!) I'm not going to let him hog all the beets just cuz he's a sprout hater. Anyway. This dinner was from a few night ago. I took some cubed seitan (i wish i had the slices instead, figures I alway's freeze those) and soaked them in some soymilk and dijon. then dredged them in a flour mixture with paprika, chile powder, salt and pepper and fried them up in a little bit of oil. I served it with jasmine parsley rice, roasted beets for peter and beets and brussel sprouts for me and used the left over Alfreda sauce from VwaV to sauce the seitan. It was soooooooooo good. At first I didn't know if I liked it. But after a few bites I was hooked. I was so happy that I used the leftover Alfreda for something different instead of just cooking more pasta for it.

The only problem with making this meal was all the pots and pans I had to use. It took forever to clean up. 1 pot for the seitan. 1 pot for the rice. 1 pot for the sprouts. 1 pot for the beets. 1 pot to heat up the alfreda. 2 bowls to soak and flour the seitan. 2 bowls to eat out of. So much for something that was so easy to make. Such a mess for a meal for 2.

On to this weekend. It was all about Peter and what he wanted to eat and do. All because he is going on a business trip tomorrow (his first) to Tulsa, Oklahoma. Friday night we went to see the new James Bond movie. I was never really into those movies but I LOVED this one. I also LOVE the new bond guy. He was so good. Peter was very happy to see it. Today I asked what he would like for dinner and of course Broccoli Rabe Pasta came out of his mouth. I was all too happy to make it for him. It's so easy and it's his favorite. Tomorrow he leaves me, Riley and Captain Clearbear until wednesday to fend for ourselves. :( I keep telling him me and the cats are going to all sit in his favorite chair together and cry. It upsets him. I think it's funny.

I also made him our favorite shake of the month. Peanut Butter Zig Zag. We are obsessed. We need to stop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

broccoli rabe, it is so weird that you can't find it in germany. i got hooked now. love it with potatoes, just roasted, and pasta, soba with tahini, etc...oh, and the seitan dish!!! will make seitan with some friends this afternoon.
coffee? before the end of the year? all my FND shifts are done, yeah!

Anonymous said...

hiya - didn't know you work in chelsea!
do you work from 8am on? muffin for breakfast sounds great!!!
week after thanksgiving would be perfect.
here's the link for the bag...
http://www.cheftools.com/prodinfo.asp?number=12-0145