Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dumplins'



Veggie and Tofu Dumplings


I LOVE to make my own dumplings. Problem is they are time consuming and when I'm home alone with Reno during dinner time I don't have time for time consuming meals. Peter went out the other night. Reno went to bed. I was watching House thinking about just eating some Rocky Road ice cream for dinner. I really wanted Chinese food. I remembered that I always keep bags of frozen dumplings in my freezer for such an occasion. The dumplings turned into a delicious appetizer for my ice cream main course.

Really though. Frozen dumplings are a perfect item to keep stocked in your freezer. They are great for: a quick lunch
an appetizer to an asian inspired meal or an ice cream main
course
a pot luck you are late for and haven't prepared anything for yet

Go buy yourselves a few bags. Or make your own and freeze em.

In other news.

The new site is still coming. My husband will be helping with a custom design for it. In the mean time I'll still be posting here as usual.

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Fabulous!!

veggievixen said...

so tasty!!!

Anonymous said...

These look beautiful!

tofufreak said...

so very appropriate for chinese new year :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, dumplings rock! And so versatile, what with all the different filling options too.

¡Yo Soy Liz! said...

dumplings are the best thing evvvar. i am always a big fan of the good-veggies-wrapped-in-carbs formula :)