Saturday, November 24, 2007

VeganMoFo: T.giving



Smlove Pie from Veganomincon


So I haven't MoFo'd in 2 days. I decided to take time off for the holidays to relax, visit and lay on the couch.

Thanksgiving was good. I didn't however get to make my non turkey dish for the meal because of cooking chaos when my mom's turkey decided to finish cooking before it was suppose to. I did however get to eat lots of yummy side dishes so i'm not complaining. Like usual I will make my own Thanksgiving meal sometime during the week. But for now you can enjoy the photo's of 2 dishes..the Shmlove Pie which I should say was the only vegan dessert of 3 desserts at the table and the one dessert that more than 1/2 of it was eaten cuz it was the best thing ever. Below was a roasted rosemary root veg dish which has a balsamic and lemon dressing added before serving









I though I took more pics of food but couldn't find them on the camera. Let me just say the string bean w. pine nuts side dish was AMAZING and I will forever put nutmeg in my mashed potatoes.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What? Nutmeg in your mashed potatoes? Sounds intriguing. I'm going to have to try this next time.

Anonymous said...

ohh...there were more pictures of food on that camera..you just didnt want to post some of them..shame on you!

MeloMeals said...

Looks awesome! Those root veggies are gorgeous.

I put nutmeg in my mashed potatoes when I add kale.. and they are out of this world.

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Smlove conquers all!

JENNA said...

chi...photo's of raw turkey carcasses aren't my thing. they are yours..put them on your own blog.

melody....nutmeg and kale in mashed potatoes!!!! i'm gonna try that next time.

TB said...

woah, that pie pic is blowing my mind! so pretty and decadent-looking.

bazu said...

looks so beautiful and colorful!

I am so going to try nutmeg in my mashed potatoes...

Ashasarala said...

Why don't I have Veganomicon yet? That pie is making me act like a caveman. ME WANT CHOCOLATE PIE!